(it’s been) two weekends, and i haven’t touched music; not in any way that really counts for me — no recording, no composing, no songwriting. the cellar doors did have a gig; and i have been listening to music. just… not making any.
it feels weird. i don’t feel like myself when i don’t get time off on my own, with just my own silly little brain for company. i’ve tried not going off, and just making music like i would write an article (meaning, in my own house, in my own bedroom, with my life around me — work, home, friends, people i love), but it really doesn’t work like that. i need to feel like i’m completely alone; removed from the real world. any other way just doesn’t work. shitty for everyone else in my life, i’m sure, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
- MATTI: !genre
- MAXI: Post Modern APLM Punk
- MATTI: bahahaha you're a genre now, maria
- APLM: that's just silly
- R: compress the drums via sidechain input from bass
- VD: you mean the drums duck the bass?
- B: No, bass duck the drums.
- NDA: fuarking nice
- B: And then the drums duck the bass.
- VD: it is
- B: And then everything ducks everything
- VD: DUCKS
- B: Ducks. Llama Llama Duck.
- APLM: GOOFY PLS
- R: wild
- VD: it's a mess